September 28, 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Organized by WTOIP and supported by New Entrepreneurs Foundation (myNEF) and Ioli, IPIEC GLOBLA 2018 ASEAN (Malaysian) Chapter was concluded at the Oasis Discovery Centre in Ara Damansara, Selangor on a high note.
The event was featured with substantial support and participation of key technology and IP departments in Malaysia, including: MyInnoHub, MyIPO, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), NanoMalaysia Berhad, SME Corporation Malaysia, MaGIC, MiGHT, University of Malaya, whose representatives went on stage in turn to introduce their functions and how they could help SMEs in Malaysia develop locally and expand overseas particularly to China, as well as the mutual efforts that have been made to establish Sino-Malaysian collaboration. Edmont Rao, Senior Vice President of WTOIP, opened the event and mentioned in his opening address that WTOIP will endeavor to connect ASEAN and technology and innovation sectors in China through IPIEC GLOBAL and IP Valley in Kunming (Open soon), hoping to further boost the cross-border collaboration as well as mutual benefits and growth.
Panel of judges were formed by prestigious experts who gave professional and informed assessment to the contestants:
1. Edmont Rao, Senior Vice President, WTOIP
2. Dr. Lian Seng Tey, Department of Business Strategy & Policy, University of Malaya
3. Lilyana Abdul Latiff, CEO, myNEF
4. Dr. Tan Shu Ying, Principal Analyst, MIGHT
5. Foo Wen Woon, CCO, MyInnoHub
Winning projects selected by the panel were announced at the end of the contest, and they are:
1. Nanopac – Water treatment system that can purify various sewage to the level of drinking water. The project was previously funded by Bill Gates Foundation.
2. Maeko – Kitchen waste fermentation device that ferments the remaining food into organic fertilizer.
Congratulations to all Malaysian winners! We look forward to welcoming you at the Semi-final in Mianyang, China in early December. Great thanks are also devoted to all contestants who gave their valuable input to the entire competition. We wish you tremendous success in your future business development.
About IPIEC GLOBAL
IPIEC Global is an innovation and entrepreneurship contest to promote revolutionary technologies, and to improve the awareness of the general public about technology trends and IP concepts.